14 February 2014

Super easy Homemade Chocolates |Valentine's day special


Homemade_chocolates


 “Today's Valentine's Day. There's a whole day devoted solely to love. Does that make any sense? Nah. Love makes us all crazy. But it's fun too.” ― Lisa Greenwald, Sweet Treats & Secret Crushes

So true,isn't it.Today is the day dedicated to love ..Love,the basis of all relationships ...Life becomes a magic if  there is "True" love and void if otherwise ....But so often we underestimate the love ,care and attention we are blessed with that I personally believe that there should certainly be a day exclusively for Love but not restricted to a man-woman relationship ...but beyond that ...like a reminder to celebrate & appreciate how blessed we are to have all those who love and care for us regardless....

homemade_chocolate


During my school and college days,this day used to be something I liked but pretended that I didn't :P...because this day was the "Only" day that kinda made me gloomy and sighing that," Damn !! I wish I had a boyfriend too." ...yeah kinda ,"Being single syndrome" !! ....couple of my friends were showered with red roses,chocos,teddy bear (aww how shweet :-\) ,cards,songs..damn..what not...well,almost every girl wants to be pampered and then I rethink of all those love proposals I got once by a few guys ,though couple of love proposals I got used to be by some anonymous guys during school ,during college days too...and I secretly wished ..if I would have said ,"YES" to aisa din dekhne ko nahi padatha ..this day would have become one of the most memorable in my life probably..Sighhh..sob (secretly)..

All thanks to my upbringing that my parents made sure that I and my bro would never fall into some love shove trap ...strict and quite conservative they were then..so ,I knew this was going to be the same story every valentine's day ...anyways,after marriage ,"Not anymore" :D ...now every day is a Valentine's day...full of love,care,sacrifices,adjustments,silly talks,lame jokes,special moments,awkward situations,testing times,small fights,strong disagreements and THEN falling in love all over again more strongly because you realize eventually that,"You are mad because of each other lol, BUT, made for each other and ALWAYS mad for each other.....:)

I think I've celebrated almost every Valentine's day in my own small way since wedding....preparing something special for him and my hubby I must say is a great gifter too :)...This Valentine's day I prepared homemade chocolates for him ..I am not a big fan of chocolates but he likes to eat one or two and rest goes to my friend's kids ..

This is a super simple recipe ,like a quickie ,Instant one,all you need are baking chocolate chips and a chocolate mold and Tadaaa...forget about buying chocolates then..:P...

Home made chocolates

Ingredients

Chocolate chips - 1 cup (I used Gingerbread candy melts and classic white chocolate chips)
Chocolate mold
Microwave safe bowl 

 Method :

 

  • Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook it high for 30 seconds,open the microwave and stir the chips and keep on repeating until the chips completely melts.(Repeat for the brown candy melts).
  • Stir the melted chips nicely and pour it hot into the chocolate molds.
  • Let them cool or put them into the refrigerator .
  • After 30 minutes or more ,pop each mold carefully ,so that the chocolates come out properly .
  • That's it homemade candies/chocolates are ready.

homemade_chocolates

Just like Charles.M.Schulz said,"All you need is love.but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt" ...Totally second that :D

So,heres wishing everyone who reads this ,"May your life be filled with true love and blessings."

Also like to share something -last year hubby gave me a chocolate box on Valentine's day and there was this sheet of paper beneath the chocolates which had small words of wisdom which I loved more than chocolates infact I've framed it in my room ..."Lovely pearls of wisdom "!!

  
valentine_quote
Wallpaper credit-dgreetings.com and Messages credit- Dove



 Now on a funny yet meaningful note ,
















All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/c/charlesms189865.html#s3pBgfkF8yiBo8we.99aa