24 October 2013

Easy healthy Pineapple Jam

pineapple_jam

Happy Times<-- Does anybody have any idea who they are ,the crazy dancing couple??  Anyone? Raise your hands people....Dang !! You all are dancing huh ? learning those steps ..hmmm..alright ,"Dance like a star like no one is watching " :) ...Keep it up..and now let ME answer that question because you seem to be really busy...Well,that's us-myself and Honey P!!

jam_pineapple

No we are not in a dancing competition or having a party ,actually that's what we call a "Rock & roll Jam effect".Yes that's exactly what happens whenever my hubby would come across any Jams in any store.He loves Jam.Jams remind him his childhood days he says.........and now I can hear you asking why the hell I am dancing with two braided hair,ribbons etc :P ..well,I am dancing because I am thinking now I don't have to make any breakfast ..for he'll be happy with his toast and jams everyday and i'll get more time to sleep :P or braid my hairs,put that ribbon etc...Happy husband,Happy wife right!! ...yeah even I thought so until my hubby said,"Dearo,these jams are terrific but then I would love to eat the jam made by my wife."


pineapple_Jam


...wellCrying... After thinking for a while ,I realized that's true, it's time,it's time to make Jam by myself because the store bought jams are just loaded with sugar & preservatives which is not good for my hubby's health especially..so ,I asked my momma dear for the pineapple Jam recipe and gave it a try and Boom,it was awesome,fresh,natural and I dumped sugar for honey and voila,the Pineapple Jam is just healthily yummy!! ..I am super happy now ..I mean both of us..and now back to the tango mood !! So while we are tangoing why don't you check out the easy breezy healthy  recipe ;)..Hope you'll like it :).

Pineapple Jam

Ingredients

Pineapple - 750 g
                                   Honey - 1-2 cup (depending upon the sweetness desired)
Cinnamon pwder - 1/4 teaspoon(optional)
Nutmeg powder- a pinch(optional)
Lemon juice - 2 tablespoon

Preparation Method :

  • Sanitize the jar (preferably small ones) and it's lid and let it dry completely.
  • Puree the pineapple in a mixer and keep it aside.
  • Now heat a deep bottom pan and add the pineapple puree and allow it to boil.
  • Once boiled reduce the flame to medium and add the honey to it.
  • Let it simmer until everything thickens up.Keep stirring so that it doens't stick to the bottom.It may take 30-60 minutes to thicken up.
  • Once they get thickened up add the cinnamon and nutmeg powder.Give it a stir .
  • Turn the stove off and allow it to cool completely.
  • Once cool,add the lemon juice to it and put it in the "Completely dried and sanitized jar".
  • Healthy quick pineapple jam is ready.
  • Have it with toast ,roti,chappathi or even as a sweet sour sauce .
Note:
  1. I used canned pineapple slices in it's juice here and once with just regular pineapple.
  2. Day before Jam preparation(preferably) -Use glass jars especially small ones and sterilise it before using it.First wash it well with soapy water and boil them in a deep pan of hot water for like 10 minutes and after that turn the stove off and then put the lids of the jars to sterilise as well until the water cools off.Later dry the jar and lids under sun  until completely dried.
  3. To check the jam is set-put a little between your thumb and index finger and they should kinda stretch.
  4. Do check for the sweetness and adjust as per your preference.You can substitute it with sugar as well.
  5. Lemon juice helps in setting the jam further and kind of preservative.
  6. Once the jam cools down it tends to thicken by itself more gradually.
  7. Cinnamon and nutmeg are optional but preferred as it gives an extra zing to the jam.
  8. Keep it always refrigerated.


pineapple_jam


Have a sweet day !!




Sending this to Nayna's Lets cook Preserves, Jams and Chutneys event