18 October 2013

7 CUP cake/Burfi|Festival sweets

7_cup_cake_sweets

Are you all out there having fun in and out ? Well, I am. Because first thing first it's a festival month and I am trying my best to make my all time favorite,"Sweeeeeeeeeeets" Girl Happy Dance..I am one happy girl but then wish I had a sweet making robot or something then I would have been the happiest .One of my secret wishes when I was a child was to marry a Confectioner /Halwayi in Hindi :D so that I could eat fresh home made sweets daily forever..how heavenly life would have been !! Sighhhh ! ...(By the way don't you dare tell my hubby ok otherwise Fist shake hehe..just kidding ..Actually he already knows:P..Hope he is not thinking I wish I knew it before the wedding :O) :P...jokes apart,he would always buy me sweets but then can't buy every day right...well I don't mind but then what if my hubby would think it would be more sweeter if I shift to the sweet store forever..OMG!! How hell ly shoot I mean how not so sweet life would become then ...castaway..Castaway..That's how I realized it's better to learn how to make sweets ASAP .. Hmm.... and after a couple of trials and errors when finally my sweets came out good,that feeling,so ecstatic I was.:)..

7_cup_cake


So here is a recipe for an Indian sweet called 7 cup cake (I don't get it why it's called a cake ?:O) but it is a famous Indian sweet made up of 7 cups of total ingredients (as always easy to remember for me)especially with chickpea flour,ghee,milk,coconut and sugar.It is a close cousin and light and quick version of another quite famous decadent Indian sweet called ,"Mysore pak".


7 Cup Cake/Burfi/Sweets

Ingredients

Gram Flour/Besan - 1 cup
Milk - 1 cup
Grated coconut - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 cup
Sugar- 3 cups
Cardamom powder - a pinch (optional)
Grated sweet coconut for garnishing(optional)


Preparation method :

  • Grease a plate/cooking tray with ghee and keep it aside.
  • In a heavy pan/Kadahi , roast the gram flour with a teaspoon of ghee until the raw smell disappears (5 minutes approx).
  • Next add rest ghee,milk,grated coconut and stir well until the batter becomes smooth and lump free on medium flame.
  • Add the sugar & cardamom powder and stir well until you can see the batter bubbling.
  • Reduce the flame(low) and keep stirring until the batter starts leaving the sides of the pan and becomes a gooey batter hugging to the ladle lol :P.
  • Stir for 5 more minutes on low flame.
  • Pour the batter on the greased plate/tray.
  • Allow it to cool a bit but warm enough to make marks to cut into any desired shape later.
  • Now allow it to cool completely and remove cut marked pieces one by one and store airtight.
Note:
  • I used my cupcake pan with cupcake liner to get that shape/design and garnished with some sweetened grated coconut as well.
  • If the batter after pouring into the greased plate is still runny ,place it in a microwavable bowl and microwave it for another 4-5 minutes and it'll be ready to be cut into desired shape.




Enjoy,




Sending this to cooks joy's Diwali Bash 2013 Event