13 August 2013

Egg Bonda / Stuffed Egg Recipe

stuffed Egg Bonda recipe


I am a biiiiiiiig fan of eggs.For me Egg and spice everything nice .This is one of my favorite evening time snack or well ANYTIME !! :) This is so yummy .Must try for any Egg lovers.By the way ,I noted this recipe long time back but totally forgot to note the source and the original recipe holder .Today I got it. I learned it and tried it from Pachakam.com and the original recipe was provided by Mrinalini Mullassery .Thanks to her.Though I modified a little to fit my taste buds .The recipe was a hit at my home:).Easy breezy,tasty yummy it is.I make it often nowadays.

Here is the recipe for Egg Bonda/Stuffed Egg :

Ingredients :

Boiled eggs -4
All purpose flour/ besan (Gram Flour/Chik pea flour)  - 1/2 cup
Onion- 3
Green chilies – 2
Ginger - 1" piece
Pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp (optional)
Pinch of baking soda
Salt - As required
Oil for frying
Curry leaves
Ketchup

Preparations :

  1. Cut the boiled eggs in such a way that you can remove the yolk somehow without actually cutting it completely.
  2. Remove the yolk ,smash it and keep aside.
  3. Make a paste of green chilies and ginger.
  4. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a heavy pan and add chopped onions and salt.
  5. When the onions turn translucent, add ginger-chilly paste ,smashed yolk and pepper powder to it.
  6. Cook for 2 min on a low flame.
  7. Add  curry leaves if preferable.
  8. Fill the above mixture back into the broken boiled eggs/egg white.
  9. Mix All-purpose flour with water ,pinch of baking powder,turmeric and a little salt to make a thick batter.
  10. Dip the filled eggs/bondas into the above flour mix.
  11. Heat 1 cup of oil in a pan.
  12. Put the egg bondas one by one and deep fry them.
  13. Once fried ,place it on tissue papers to absorb excess oil.
  14. Serve it hot with ketchup .